Posted on Friday, September 25, 2015, by Juan Rodriguez
- Register your website with all the Major Search Engines. ex. Google, Bing, and Yahoo
- Must do: Claim your listing on all major Local Portals. This is of high importance to rank locally. Ex. Yellow Pages, Yelp, Merchant Circle, City Search,
Urban Spoon, Trip Advisor, etc.
- Explore the possibility of adding a listing on local key sites: Ex. Newspapers, Local government sites, Regional portals, TV stations, etc. Reach out
and try to generate local news about your company.
- Be consistent when adding your listing into all major site and directories: Use the same using company name, phone, address, website and email. Your
profile must be the same on all listings. Also, make sure that it is complete and relevant to your business.
- Do a competitive research on listing sources of high ranking sites for your keywords. ex. Search sample on google: Axxiom Data “138 N Brand Blvd” –site:axxiomdata.com
- Audit your website usability, accessibility and content. Remember that the content of your website must be relevant at all times. Keep it simple and
easy for customers to find what they are looking for.
- Your site must be mobile or device ready: Responsive websites have a higher consideration by the search engines.
- Review your reviews. Use feedback to improve your operations. Consider this your customer research. Respond to customers and explain them what you
are doing to improve the experience for future customers.
- Take advantage of having a physical location, if available. Check that you are listed and/or optimize the entry that your search engine generously
created for you. Ex. Google+ My businesses.
- Advertising locally can help you increase traffic. Make sure that you are listed in the right category. This will make the difference on your website